Main Job DutiesSetup & Operate CNC Vertical and Horizontal Machining Centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties. 2nd Shift is M-TH, 3pm-1am (4x10's). Apply Now
- Setup and operate CNC Mills – Utilize knowledge of working properties and machining processes for a wide variety of materials such as stainless steel, Monel, Hastalloy, other nickel alloys, cast iron, carbon steel, bronze, aluminum, plastics, etc.
- Manufacture components within the allotted time estimates provided on job travelers.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with products and service.
- Make process recommendations for improved efficiency and works with the CNC Programmer to optimize processes, programs and cutting tools.
- Take a proactive approach to continuous improvement including productivity, quality, safety, environmental and ergonomics.
Essential Job Functions
- Setup, and operate Horizontal & Vertical Machining Centers with minimal supervision.
- Proficient Knowledge of G&M Codes with the ability to perform manual CNC program edits as required to complete job work scope.
- Read and interpret customer drawings with an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances per ANSI Y-14.5.
- Inspect work produced (1st piece and in-process inspection) using precision measuring equipment including: micrometers, bore gauges, dial calipers, or other measuring instruments to verify conformance to specifications. Maintain tolerance as close as 0.0005”.
- Where required, document inspection results on supplied IDS Sheets and/or Inspection Prints.
- May be required to operate multiple machines simultaneously.
- Keep equipment (machine, gauging, tooling, etc) clean and well maintained and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Follow preventative maintenance procedures on equipment as prescribed by supervisor and report operating difficulties of equipment.
- Document daily activities to assure performance in accordance with job standards.
- Work effectively with peers and management in a team-oriented environment, assisting/training other employees as required.
- Willing to work overtime when needed to satisfy customer requirements.
- Employee may be required to operate forklifts and have the ability to safely rig and handle product up to 4 tons.
- Must be able to stand, twist, bend, and repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to use hands and vision to complete coordinated actions.
- Work practices to be in accordance with Company Policies including, but not limited to attendance, confidentiality, safety and substance abuse.
- The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job related tasks as required, subject to applicable state and federal law.
Additional QualificationsThe following skills and qualifications are a plus but are not required for this position.
- Mastercam Programming experience.
- CNC Lathe and/or CNC Vertical Turret Lathe experience.
- Experience working in an ISO-9001 or AS9100 Quality Environment.