Main Job DutiesUtilize excellent communication skills to estimate and determine labor hours, materials, and outside services necessary to produce quote details to customers. Apply Now
- The Estimator/Manufacturing Engineer will be required to utilize intimate knowledge of machining practices and machine capabilities, an excellent understanding of inspection processes, and expertise in analyzing blueprints to prepare manufacturing cost estimates as a member of the Estimating Department.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written are required to successfully interact with both customers and vendors. The individual must be familiar with different types of alloys and grades of steel along with knowledge of plating and finishing.
Essential Job Functions
- Estimating: Apply knowledge of company operations to determine labor hours, material, and outside services necessary to produce customers request for quote in a time-efficient manner. Successfully interact with customers throughout the quote process. Work with both Estimating and Purchasing Department members along direct interaction with vendors to obtain material and subcontract quotes.
- Routing Process Development: Develop the Routing Process for manufactured parts and create manufacturing Bill of Materials. Detail the Production Routings of successful bids for use in job scheduling and manufacturing utilizing ERP system (Epicor). Assist in daily Production Planning Meetings ensuring all processes are accurate and customer requirements are successfully met.
- Analyze Current Manufacturing Processes: Utilize solid background in both machining and fabrication to review current manufacturing practices and review of job histories to determine areas for improvement.
- Customer Support: Work closely with customers to understand their product/part specifications and respond to in-depth customer questions and inquiries regarding our capabilities with excellent oral and written communication skills. Work with sales to indentify, solicit, acquire, and grow new and existing profitable business relationships.
Additional QualificationsQualified Candidates will have the following work experience:
- At least five (5) years experience in process development and cost estimating complex machined parts in a job shop or contract manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze blueprints and proposals to prepare cost and labor estimates.
- Solid background estimating both machining and fabrication; experience with application engineering a plus.
- Tooling design and/or manufacturing experience.
- Experience working with cost estimating databases (Epicor, Micro Estimating System, or similar) along with proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Must be well organized, pro-active, self-starter who is flexible and possesses exceptional problem solving and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- BS, Technical Degree, or Journeyman is a plus.
- Familiarity with SolidWorks and/or Mastercam is a plus, but not required.
- This position may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related tasks as required, subject to state and applicable law.
Billet Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, veteran status, disability or handicap.