Job Title: CNC Programmer/Process Engineer
Reports To: Manufacturing Manager
Position Summary: Program, Set up & operate CNC machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties.
Key Objectives and Expected Outcome:
– Program, Set up and operate CNC Mills and Lathes
– Utilize knowledge of working properties and machining processes for a wide variety of materials such as stainless steel, Monel, Hastalloy, other nickel alloys, cast iron, carbon steel, bronze, aluminum, plastics, etc.
– Manufacture components within the allotted time estimates provided on the job travelers. – Ensure customer satisfaction with product and service.
– Make process recommendations for improved efficiency and work to optimize cutting tools, processes and CNC programs
– Take a proactive approach to continuous improvement including productivity, quality, safety, environmental and ergonomics.
Essential Job Functions:
– Program, setup, and operate Vertical and Horizontal Machining Centers with minimal supervision.
– Have a proficient knowledge of G&M codes with the ability to perform manual CNC program edits as required to effectively complete job work scope.
– Read and interpret customer drawings with an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ANSI Y-14.5
– Inspect work produced (1st piece and in-process inspection) using precision measuring equipment including: micrometers, bore gauges, dial calipers, or other measuring instruments to verify conformance to specifications. Maintain tolerances as close as 0.0005″.
– Where required, document inspection results on supplied IDS Sheets and/or Inspection Prints.
– May be required to operate multiple machines simultaneously.
– Keep equipment (machine, gauging, tooling, etc) clean and well maintained and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
– Follow preventative maintenance procedures on equipment as prescribed by supervisor and report operating difficulties of equipment.
– Document daily activities to assure performance in accordance with job standards.
– Work effectively with peers and management in a team oriented environment, assisting/training other employees as required.
– Willing to work overtime when needed to satisfy customer requirements.
– Employee may be required to operate forklifts and have the ability to safely rig and handle product up to 4 tons
– Work practice to be in accordance with Company Policies including but not limited to attendance, confidentiality, safety and work practices, and substance abuse.
– The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job related tasks as required, subject to applicable state and federal law.
These qualifications are a plus but not required:
– Ability to program, setup and operate Vertical Turret Lathes and other Turning Centers with minimal supervision.
– Master-Cam CNC programming experience
– Experienced working in ISO-9001 or AS9100 quality environment