Main Job DutiesProgram CNC Mills using Mastercam 2020. Utilize knowledge of a wide variety of materials (stainless steel, high temperature alloys, cast iron, carbon steel, bronze, aluminum, plastic, etc.), various machine tool controls, and the latest tooling technology to support the shop production schedule. Apply Now
- Program multiple CNC Mills – Utilizing knowledge of working properties and machining processes for a wide variety of materials, machine tools and tooling.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with products and service by producing programs resulting in defect-free parts, on-time.
- Develop/Implement process recommendations for improved efficiency to optimize programs and cutting tools.
- Program components to ensure production within the allotted time estimates provided on job travelers.
- Take a proactive approach to continuous improvement including productivity, quality & safety.
- Act as a “project leader” for jobs programmed to ensure their success on the mfg floor.
Essential Job Functions
- Program Horizontal & Vertical Machining Centers using Mastercam.
- Proficient knowledge of G&M Codes with the ability to perform manual CNC program edits as required to complete job work scope.
- Read and interpret customer drawings with an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances per ANSY Y-14.5.
- Develop a mastery of the Company’s machine tools with regard to functions & capabilities, to ensure they’re being utilized in the most efficient manner possible.
- Document daily activities to assure performance in accordance with job standards.
- Work effectively with peers and management in a team-oriented environment, assist/train other employees as required and see projects through to completion.
- Willing to work overtime when needed to satisfy customer requirements.
- Work in accordance with Company Policies including, but not limited to attendance, confidentiality, safety and substance abuse.
- The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job related tasks as required subject to the applicable state and federal laws.
Additional QualificationsThe following qualifications are required for this position:
- Mastercam Programming experience using version X7 or newer
- Knowledge of programming for CNC Vertical / Horizontal machining centers
- Broad understanding of current tooling technologies
- Experience working in an ISO-9001 or AS9100 Quality Environment
- Knowledge of Lathe programming is a plus!
- SolidWorks and CAD proficiency is a plus!