Main Job DutiesSet up & operates Mazak CNC Lathes to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties. 2nd Shift is M-TH, 3pm-1am (4x10's). Apply Now
- Set up and operate Mazak CNC Lathes – Utilize knowledge of working properties and machining processes for a wide variety of materials such as stainless steels, Monel, Hastalloy, other nickel alloys, cast iron, carbon steel, bronze, aluminum, plastics, etc.
- Manufacture components within the allotted time estimates provided on the job travelers
- Make process recommendations for improved efficiency and works with the CNC Programmer to optimize processes, programs, and cutting tools
- Ensure customer satisfaction with product and service.
- Take a proactive approach to continuous improvement including productivity, quality, safety, environmental and ergonomics.
Essential Job Functions
- Program, setup, and operate Mazak and G-code CNC Turning Centers with minimal supervision.
- May be required to operate multiple machines simultaneously.
- Perform manual CNC program edits as required to effectively complete job work-scope.
- Read and interpret customer drawings with an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance per ANSI Y-14.5
- Inspect work produced (1st piece and in-process inspection) using precision measuring equipment including: micrometers, bore gauges, dial calipers, or other measuring instruments to verify conformance to specifications. Maintain tolerances as close as 0.0005″.
- Where required, document inspection results on supplied Inspection Documentation Sheets
- Assist other operators with setup and troubleshooting as required.
- Train and instruct other employees when requested.
- Keep equipment (machine, gauging, tooling, etc.) clean and well maintained.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Follow preventative maintenance procedures on equipment as prescribed by the supervisor and report operating difficulties of equipment.
- Document daily activities to assure performance in accordance with job standards.
- Work effectively with peers and management in a team oriented environment.
- Willing to work overtime when needed to satisfy customer requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with Company Policies.
- Employee may be required to operate forklifts and have the ability to safely rig and handle product up to 4 tons.
- Proficient knowledge of G&M codes.
- The employee may be require to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job related tasks as required, subject to applicable state and federal law
Additional QualificationsThe following skills and qualifications are a plus but are not required for this position.
- Ability to setup and operate CNC Horizontal and Vertical machining centers with minimal supervision.
- Master-Cam CNC programming experience
- Experienced working in ISO-9001 or AS9100 quality environment