Position Summary: Setup & Operate CNC Horizontal Boring Mills / Vertical Turret Lathe / Vertical Machining
Centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties.
Position Details: 4 days, 3pm-1am M-TH
Key Objectives and Expected Outcome:
Essential Job Functions:
– Setup, and operate HBMs / VTLs / Vertical Machining Centers with minimal supervision.
– Proficient Knowledge of G&M Codes with the ability to perform manual CNC program edits as required
to complete job work scope.
– Read and interpret customer drawings with an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and
Tolerances per ANSI Y-14.5.
– Inspect work produced (1st piece and in-process inspection) using precision measuring equipment
including: micrometers, bore gauges, dial calipers, or other measuring instruments to verify
conformance to specifications. Maintain tolerances as close as 0.0005”.
– Where required, document inspection results on supplied IDS Sheets and/or Inspection Prints.
– Keep equipment (machine, gauging, tooling, etc) clean and well maintained and maintain a clean and
orderly work area.
– Follow preventative maintenance procedures on equipment as prescribed by supervisor and report
operating difficulties of equipment.
– Document daily activities to assure performance in accordance with job standards.
– Work effectively with peers and management in a team-oriented environment, assisting/training other
employees as required.
– Willing to work overtime when needed to satisfy customer requirements.
– Employee may be required to operate forklifts and have the ability to safely rig and handle product up
to 4 tons.
– Must be able to stand, twist, bend, and repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to use hands and
vision to complete coordinated actions.
– Work practices to be in accordance with Company Policies including, but not limited to attendance,
confidentiality, safety and substance abuse.
– The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job
related tasks as required, subject to applicable state and federal law.
These qualifications are a plus, but not required:
– Mastercam Programming experience.
– Experience working in an ISO-9001 or AS9100 Quality Environment.
Billet Industries is a team-oriented, fast-paced, high demand environment. Ideal candidate would be selfmotivated, life-long learner, who is very detail oriented and focused on continuous improvement. Pre-hire
employment testing may be performed to determine if candidate fits this profile.
Billet Industries offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term
disability, life insurance, vacation/personal time, 10-paid holidays, 401(K) with 100% company match &
profit sharing, along with a clean climate-controlled working environment. This position reports to the
Manufacturing Manager with an FLSA non-exempt status.
Billet Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise
qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, veteran status, disability or handicap.
No Agencies. Billet Industries, Inc. is not currently accepting unsolicited assistance or resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms or agencies to Billet Industries or its employees, agents, directors or representatives in any form or method without valid written agreement covering this position will be deemed sole property of Billet Industries, Inc. No fee shall be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Billet Industries, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.